Well, I officially started my 30 days on 14 March after I had gotten back from a trip to visit my family. Trying to stick to a weight loss plan is near impossible when you’re travelling – well, at least I think it is!
Here’s a little reminder of the 12 things I was going to work on, as well as an overview of how I did:
- Stop weighing myself constantly. Take measurements instead and check them a maximum of once a week. Result: Okay, so I did take measurements, and I only checked them every few weeks. I did not, however, stop weighing myself. Oh well.
- Have a remedial massage at least once a month – carrying around a baby and breastfeeding is tiring for my back and shoulders! Result: This one totally didn’t happen. I still want it to though!
- Drink more water – aim for a minimum of 2 litres a day. Result: A work in progress. I think I’m drinking more, but probably still not enough.
- Go for a long walk (45 minutes +) at least 3 times a week. Result: This one has actually been mostly successful – I’ve managed a long walk 2-3 times a week.
- In addition to walking, do two ‘proper’ workouts a week (assuming I get the all clear to work out). Result: I did get the all clear to work out (yay!), however trying to find time to get to the gym, even though it’s in our building, is difficult without anyone to watch my daughter some days. I have managed to go once a week though, and one week I did go twice. To supplement this, I’ve been experimenting with YouTube workouts to fit in a bit more exercise while she’s asleep.
- Get out of the house each day to get some fresh air and sunshine. Result: Success! It’s a rare day I don’t do this.
- Eat more vegetables. Result: This goal probably should have been more specific to really measure results. I am cooking recipes from Lose Baby Weight more frequently, so I’m definitely eating healthier overall, but I could probably squeeze some more vegetables in.
- Take all of my vitamins Result: Total failure on this one. I even put a reminder in my phone and I still don’t do it most days!
- Use at least one of my daughter’s naps to do something for me (not chores). Result: I’m doing pretty well at this! I’m actually writing this post while she’s napping.
- Ten minutes of stretching per day Result:. I manage to do this a few times a week, not every day.
- Limit takeaway/dining out to three times a week. Result: Some weeks I’ve achieved this, but I still need to do better on this one.
- Banish negative self-talk. Result: What can I say? It’s a work in progress.
My overall goal is to lose 7kg. So far I’ve lost about 2kg and a total of 10cm. That means I’ve still got about 5kg to go, but I’m pretty happy with that as a start! And what have I learnt? Well:
- Fitting in exercise around a baby can be hard work! I can’t just bring her to the gym with me.
- As hard as it is to juggle it all, when I am managing to eat right and exercise, I feel it’s easier to cope with the sleep deprivation and a sometimes fussy baby.
- Negative self-talk has absolutely no benefits.
I’ll check in again in another 30 days.
Any tips to help me lose the baby weight? Let me know by commenting below.
Liked this post? Follow me on social media to make sure you never miss a post (links in right hand column). You can also sign up to my email list AND receive a copy of my free ebook Achieving your goals – just enter your email address below: